Note: For letter regarding Counselor Lauren Persson's Student Reassignment click here Counselor Reassignment
Welcome to the Council Rock High School South Counseling Center’s Webpage. The information offered through this site will assist students and parents to gather important information on topics such as colleges, careers, scholarships, financial aid, and academics.
The links and websites offered on this site are updated annually for accuracy. Council Rock South Counseling Center is not accountable for purchased or changed sites that are no longer available.
SCHOOL COUNSELORS ARE…
- Child advocates who work cooperatively with the educational staff, parents, and community.
- Educational specialists who assist students with their social, emotional, and educational development.
- Human resource specialists who assist students, parents, and educational staff through counseling, consultation, and coordination.
- To assist students with educational, personal, career, and goal planning.
- To develop personalized programs based on each student’s strengths and needs.
- To help students understand themselves and others.
- To assist students in identifying and dealing with problems.
- To facilitate the identification of students with special needs.
- To provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- To coordinate referrals to school and community support services.
- To serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
SOME REASONS TO CONTACT THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR
- Academic concerns
- Divorce, separation, and family changes
- Drug and alcohol concerns
- Educational and career planning
- Experiencing loss, death, and grief
- Peer relationship issues
- Problem solving skills
- School adjustment issues
- Stress reduction and coping skills
- Study skills