The Redistricting Committee met last evening, Monday, November 5, 2018, to review community feedback collected from the most recent update to the proposed redistricting plan. The Committee also reviewed the six recent revisions made to the updated proposal. These revisions included the following:
1. Holland Elementary and Hillcrest Elementary Schools sending areas (reducing impact)
2. Newtown Elementary and Goodnoe Elementary Schools sending areas (reducing impact)
3. The geographic location near Tanyard Road, Hatboro Road and Routes 232 and Almshouse Road
4. The geographic location near Twining Ford Road
5. The geographic location along Worthington Mill Road and the southern section of Wrightstown Road
6. The geographic location near Hatboro Road, Almshouse Road and Spencer Road.
The majority of the Committee voted to keep the above six revisions in place. As a result, the November 2018 Updated Proposed Plan will be recommended to the Board at their next meeting on Thursday, November 15, 2018. A formal vote is scheduled to occur on Thursday, December 13, 2018, as part of a Special Board Meeting for Redistricting. Community members are advised that the Redistricting Email Centerremains open, and feedback continues to be welcome.